Our books can be purchased by cards єPidtrimka!

Repair and service Subaru cars in the eBook

Subaru is a Japanese automobile brand and the automotive division of Subaru Corporation (formerly Fuji Heavy Industries or FHI, according to its initials), which owns 80% of the Subaru manufacturer. The remaining 20% ​​was operated by the American giant General Motors between 1999 and 2005. After that, GM transferred 8.7% of its shares to Toyota, while the rest remained on the open market. Finally, Toyota expanded its stake by acquiring a total of that 20% in 2019.

The brand is known primarily for the production of vehicles with a regular body, but with four-wheel drive and exclusive use of boxer engines (they are used throughout the range, except for the base models).

Subaru is the Japanese word for the Pleiades star cluster, which also appears in the company's logo.

In 1958, Subaru introduced the Subaru 360 small coupe, which used weight-saving and other technologies used in aviation.

The Subaru 360 developed a power of 18 hp, could reach a speed of 83 km / h and had a two-cylinder two-stroke engine with a volume of 356 cc. cm (hence the name) installed at the rear of the vehicle.

Four years later, in 1962, the Subaru 1000 appeared. It was with him that the tradition of boxer (flat) engines began, which continues to this day. It was larger than the previous model (3.90 m versus 2.99 m), but also more powerful: it had 55 hp.

Subaru models are mainly equipped with boxer engines, thanks to which, as well as due to the low overall height and the good balance of structural forces, the car moves very smoothly.

Subaru cars differ from other cars in the original transmission. Models with manual transmission have a center differential with viscous coupling, while the automatic transmission system consists of an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch.

For a long time, Subaru cars have been associated with a rather boring image due to the fact that the first models were more famous for their durability than for their performance, but recently Subaru has been creating a completely different image thanks to the many victories of the brand in the World Rally Championship.

Nearly all Subaru vehicles currently sold in Europe and North America are all-wheel drive, a feature of the brand since the 1970s. Many engines in this range are equipped with turbochargers.

In 2008, the company developed and started production of the world's first diesel boxer engine for automobiles. Today it is the only boxer diesel in the world.

Some Subaru vehicles, such as the Subaru Impreza WRX STi, are equipped with a central driver control differential (DCCD).

DCCD is a central differential control system that controls the distribution of torque between the front and rear axles. The driver can select the DCCD operating mode with automatic mode and 6 manual settings. DCCD distribution has been greatly improved since 2008 and has 3 automatic modes.

The flagship model of the brand is the Subaru Legacy, the sixth generation of which was introduced in 2014 along with the Subaru Outback. Both models were placed in the semi-luxury segment with powerful engines and an abundance of accessories and parts typical of the premium category.

Subaru produces (in addition to vehicles for the Japanese market) four export lines:

  • Subaru Impreza (C-segment station wagon);
  • Subaru Legacy (D-segment station wagon);
  • Subaru Outback (sports car derived from Legacy);
  • Subaru Forester (compact SUV);
  • Subaru XV (compact SUV).

For all these Subaru models, our website contains electronic repair books. You can familiarize yourself with these books on our website for free, and, if necessary, buy them in PDF format.